Healthcare Inspectorate Wales is the independent inspectorate and regulator of healthcare in Wales
How we inspect
Find out how we inspect NHS and private healthcare services in WalesLearn more
Community Mental Health Teams
This joint thematic review from HIW and CIW makes 23 recommendations for improvement.Learn more
Latest news & reports
- 14 May 2019 Obstetricians and Midwives Peer Reviewers We are looking for Consultant Obstetricians and Registered Midwives to be Peer Reviewers.
- 2 May 2019 Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards – Annual Monitoring Report for Health and Social Care 2017-18 A joint report between ourselves and Care Inspectorate Wales.
- 30 Apr 2019 Cwm Taf maternity services statement We've made a statement in response to the publication of a report by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists into maternity services in the former Cwm Taf University Health Board
- 26 Apr 2019 New HIW online payment service We've launched a new service that enables all services registered with us to pay their annual fees online.
- 15 Apr 2019 HIW Operational Plan for 2019–20 published We’ve published our Operational Plan for 2019–20. It sets out our key priorities for the year ahead.