Wales Concordat Cymru is currently facilitated by the General Pharmaceutical Council.
The forum meets at least 3 times per year to enable discussion between audit, inspection, regulation and improvement bodies.
The aims of the Wales Concordat Cymru are:
- To provide a forum to share high level information, new approaches and ideas about improving the impact and effectiveness of regulation, inspection, audit, scrutiny and service improvement.
- Identify trends in regulation, inspection, audit and scrutiny and broader service improvement policy and practice.
- Share good practice and influence policy makers collectively, when appropriate.
- Share experiences and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Further develop and refine the systems and for sharing more detailed information between relevant bodies; through bilateral agreements and protocols when appropriate.
- Foster a collaborative ethos that encourages both proportionality and effective risk assessment and management.